Manville High School’s Athletes Signing Day

Lucas Velando

On Thursday, May 25, 2023, Manville High School athletes who plan on continuing their athletic and academic careers at the next level were represented. The MHS lobby was organized with a special signing table, clothed with a MHS-themed cover where each individual athlete had their own poster of the school they are committing to stitched with Manville High School’s logo as well.  At this time, athletes and their coaches sat together to officially sign while taking pictures. During the signings, athletes were present with the administration as well.

There are a total of 6 Manville High School athletes that signed to continue to play their sport at the college level. To start, Josh Barrios-Quintero committed to TCNJ to continue his football career. The train keeps on moving when another football-related athlete, Shawn Purcell, who also plans on continuing his football career at Rutgers University. Manville’s Boy’s Soccer had two athletes both committing to Kean University. The athletes, Jeremy Campos and Josh Rojas, plan on continuing their soccer careers there. For baseball, there are two athletes, Elijah Capone and Nicholas Bentz. They both plan on committing to RVCC. It is a thrilling time for these athletes to be recognized for their talent and hard work. We wish them good luck for what awaits them in the near future.