Manville High School’s Spirit at Senior Night

Manville High Schools Spirit at Senior Night

Emely Batista

On Friday, September 23, the Manville High School football team took home the win of 13-0 against South Hunterdon High School. While it was a victorious game, it was also an important night for our fall sports seniors: SENIOR NIGHT! 

Marching Band Seniors:

Amy Fields has been in the Marching Band for three years and plays the clarinet. She has also been part of the Winter Track team for a year and has been part of the Softball team for three years. She states she is extremely excited for senior night but can not help but forget that this is her last year at Manville High School. Either way, she can not wait to have a fun night with her friends and enjoy the game. After high school, she plans on going to RVCC, but does not plan to continue her sport once she graduates.

Matthew Grzywacz has been part of the Marching Band for four years and plays the baritone. During his four years in marching band, he had always seen the seniors be called up to the 50-yard line with their parents to take pictures and now he can finally be one of those seniors. He is looking forward to performing in band concerts and auditioning for different types of groups such as the Eastern Wind Symphony Youth Band. After high school, he does plan to continue playing in the Marching Band such as joining Drum Corps International or continuing to participate in the Drum Corps Association with the Bushwackers Drum Corp.

Emely Batista has been part of the Marching Band for three years now and is part of the pit. They have also been a part of the Winter Track team for a year and have been part of the Softball team for three years. They are excited to finally experience Senior Night and cannot wait to enjoy the game and the rest of the night with the rest of the seniors. They look forward to spending the rest of their senior year with their friends and cannot wait to see all the events that are planned. After high school, they plan on going to college but they do not plan on continuing their fall sport.

Additional Senior Marching Band members: Yavier Alvarez and Allan Ambrose

Senior Cheerleaders:

Amanda Vega has been part of the Cheerleading team for three years and is super excited for senior night. So excited, in fact, that she just might cry. This year she is excited to get good grades, make memories, and prom weekend. Although she does not know what she wants to do yet, she does plan on going to college, but does not plan on continuing cheer.

Krystel Gutierrez has been Cheerleading for one year now but has been contributing to the team a lot. She is excited to enjoy the night with her family and friends and cannot wait to cheer at the game. She cannot wait to enjoy the rest of senior year and make some amazing memories. She does not plan on continuing cheer in college, but does plan to continue achieving her goals in the future.

Additional Senior Cheerleaders: Abigail Pastula, Marissa Morris, and Ella Mazzariello

Cross Country Seniors:

Ronaldo Gamarra recently joined the team and has already been setting records! He is Captain of the boys’ Varsity team and excited for senior night. He also has been doing Winter Track and Spring Track for a year. He has been waiting four years for this moment and is excited to finally be “walked” by his family. He looks forward to running the rest of the school year, both in winter and spring track. He hopes to receive a scholarship in running and hopes to continue to do it in college next year.

Additional Senior Cross Country members: Natalia Musielak, Yavier Alvarez, and Vivian Dickson

Football Seniors:

Ryan Oset has been part of the football team for four years now and is excited to play with his friends and his family. He is looking forward to having an eventful senior year and making memories with everyone. While he does not plan on playing football in college he does plan on working in the industry of construction.

Douglas Toth has been part of the football team for four years and is part of the baseball team for two years. He is super excited to play ball and looks forward to enjoying the rest of the year with his friends. While he does not plan on playing sports in the future, he does plan on going to college after high school.

Shawn Purcell has been part of the football team for four years now and is part of the basketball team for three years planning to make it four years. He is excited to celebrate the class of ‘23 AKA the Jordan year. He is excited about the game and cannot wait to get a win over South Hunterdon. He is looking forward to his basketball season, prom, and senior trip. After high school, he does plan on continuing playing football at whatever college he goes to and he plans to give it his all.

Ethan Mullins has been part of the football team for four years now and has been on the baseball team for three years, and is planning on making it a fourth. He is excited about the ceremony and happy it honors not only him but the rest of the players that have been playing with him over the years. He looks forward to the rest of his football season and cannot wait to play baseball later in the year. With COVID taking away the majority of the school activities, he looks forward to things such as homecoming, powderpuff, and other class activities. He plans to go straight into college after high school to pursue a degree in business and plans to continue to play baseball with football as his backup.

Daniel Wildgoose has been involved in football since fourth grade and wrestling since the third grade. He is excited to share one of the best and last moments on the fields with the players he grew up with. He is looking forward to spending the rest of the year making memories with his friends and heading out with a bang! After high school, he plans to play the next level of football. His love and comfort for football drives him into being the best he can be.

Nicholas Bentz has been on the football team for four years and has been playing baseball for three years, and is planning on making it four this year. He is excited to celebrate the end of high school with his family and is excited to play with his friends in the biggest game of the year. He looks forward to making memories with his friends that he will remember for the rest of his life. In the future, he plans to play baseball in college but does not plan to pursue football.

Geoffrey Mathis is an all-around 4-year athlete in baseball, wrestling, and especially football. He is super excited to be with his family and excited to play football. He looks forward to playing sports with his friends and having a fun time. He does not plan on playing football after high school, but there is a possibility that he will be playing his spring sport, baseball. He plans on going to a university and getting a degree in sports medicine.

Additional Football Seniors: Jaden Golen, Marvin Bonilla, Alan Seymour, Alexander Orzol, Aleksander Starzynski, Brandon Rivera, Joshua Barrios, and David Kuznetsov.

Senior night was a glorious night to congratulate our seniors on the hard work they have done and to celebrate their last year here at Manville High school!