November Staff Member of the Month: Ms. Julia Bowie

Miss Bowie’s notable experience as a language teacher and her dedication to Manville’s school and community has made her a key candidate for MHS Staff Member of the Month! 

Miss Bowie attended Roger University where she graduated with a degree in language education. Also, she has the certification of Elementary Education General, English Language K-8, ELL K-12 and Russian Language – K-12.

Adding on to all of her certifications, she has also taught at 4 colleges in New Jersey such as, Union County College, Bergen County College, and Raritan Valley Community college. Ms. Bowie has worked at various publics schools such as, Orange High School, Orange Preparatory Academy, and Roosevelt Elementary school.

Ms. Bowie has been teaching languages such as ESL 3, Russian 1 & 2, 3 & 4 honors, and Algebra 1, during her seven years at Manville.

Ms. Bowie not only works extensively with the ESL students, she helps students pass their limits, and help them gain self confidence as they are learning the new language. She is not merely here to teach, but to help her students be positive and try to expand their perspective. She plans to teach as long as she possibly can. Ms. Bowie communicated that it was an honor to be selected as Staff Member of the Month. Congratulations Ms. Bowie, and thank you for making a difference in our Manville community!