Piotr Bunkowski: October Student of the Month

Steven-Mark Datu

“Student of the Month” is a high honor for Manville High School students. To get Student of the Month, one has to not only meet expectations, but exceed them far above their peers. Piotr Bunkowski, a senior and class officer for the graduating class of 2020, was elected as “Student of the Month” for the month of October.

“At MHS I am the National Honor Society Vice President, Class of 2020 CoVice President and FBLA secretary. I am also involved in yearbook club and A/V club,” stated Bunkowski. With many positions come many responsibilities. Normally one would be overwhelmed with the tremendous amount of work shown, however, Bunkowski has been taking it in stride. He is extremely dedicated to his academics and inputs more than enough effort to earn him this esteemed title. The dedication and effort that Bunkowski funnels into academics isn’t just for recognition, he’s ultimately preparing himself for his future.

Bunkowski aspires to become an engineer, “My future plans are to go to a college in New Jersey to get my degree in engineering.” Growing up and living in New Jersey for a majority of his life, he prefers to pursue schooling in the Garden state. Despite taking classes now that have little to do with engineering, he is able to exhibit great commitment to those subjects. He repeatedly earns high honor roll each marking period, the perfect straight “A’s” student model.

Bunkowski, after earning “Student of the Month,” feels his academic life has progressed from over the years. “I am honored to be student of the month. After all the years of taking AP, dual enrollment, and honors classes, and constantly challenging myself, I feel like all my hard work paid off in a way.” In order to reach new heights, he consistently challenges himself in ways that would normally prove stressful and infuriating. With the bar increasing ever so steadily over the months, there has been no greater disparity between students who care about their education, and students who don’t care. Bunkowski’s excellence proves that students who care about their academics and themselves will be closer to reaching their goals.

The Manville High School community commemorates and applauds Piotr Bunkowski for earning Manville High School “Student of the Month” for the month of October.